Saturday, August 27, 2011

My Thoughts on Our Year Together

For some reason, I've had a really hard time putting into words what I feel.  Perhaps, I feel like I'm supposed to have some great words to share with you now that you are a year old.  But, words just seem so insignificant compared to how I feel.  


As Grandma Colleen said in her letter, you have brought so much joy into everyone's lives.  But it's so much more than that for me.  You have been an amazing teacher as well.  I have learned so much from you about myself, about how to interact with the world, and about life.  


Life is much simpler than we try and make it out to be. Thank you for showing that to me.  Thank you for showing me to slow down, to appreciate the highs and the lows.  Thank you for bringing your joy into my life.  


I realized today as your Grandma Bonnie and I were walking in the Tri-Your-Best triathlon, regardless of what you choose to do with your life, I know that you are meant to continue to bring great joy into the lives of those around you.  Thank you.


And, my great words to you?  I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment