Thursday, August 23, 2012

You are Two...How Did That Happen So Quickly?

2 years old - What an amazing adventure it has been!  I can't imagine these last two years without you.  I love you, you frustrate me and yet you make me stop and re-evaluate life's priorities - and that is a good thing!

I worry a lot that your Dad and I aren't the best parents you could have.  Hopefully you will forgive us when you are older.  I'm sure by then you'll be used to me worrying about everything.

I'm also very concerned right now about how you will react to your baby brother joining our family in a couple of months.  Not having siblings, I can only imagine what it might be like.  To some extent, I'm jealous of your opportunity to have a brother.  And, I hope you two will grow up loving and respecting each other, with a sense of identity and companionship that no one can ever take away form you.

Know you are loved and wanted and that both myself and your father care very much for you!  Happy birthday my curious little monkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment