Monday, December 27, 2010

A Year Ago Today

Exactly a year ago today, I had your dad drop me off at the tanning place downtown.  It was the Sunday after Christmas.  My parents had been here and your dad's parents had come the day after Christmas for dinner.  

Over Thanksgiving, we had decided that we were open to the idea of having a kid.  I had felt tired over Christmas but thought that was just because of everything going on.  However, I was a bit late and thought I would check and see.  So, on my way home, I walked to the Rite Aid and bought a pregnancy test.  

I walked home and went straight to the bathroom without telling your dad what I was thinking.  With this particular test, you are supposed to wait for 2 minutes to know for sure what the results are...it was clear in about 30 seconds.  I immediately went to tell your dad (he was doing dishes).  He was so excited.  We hardly slept at all that night. A year ago today our lives changed forever.  Happy one year!

No comments:

Post a Comment