Friday, December 10, 2010

Breastfeeding as a Meditative Activity

I always have a hard time relaxing and taking the time to just "be."  I never thought breastfeeding or pumping would provide that opportunity/lesson.  It's certainly possible to do other things while I'm feeding you...and I do.  But, I've started taking the opportunity when I pump at work to just sit quietly for the 10 minutes that it takes.  Sometimes, I think about you; sometimes, I thing about other things.  But mostly, I just close my eyes and try to quiet my mind.  I'm choosing to see this time as a gift.  Most of the time at work, if I take a break, I just surf the net.  Taking time to close my eyes and quiet my mind is much better.  Thank you for showing me that! 

And, I would never trade the quiet morning feedings with you snuggled up close to me for anything in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment