Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mushroom Picking - Or Nursing in the Wild

Today your Dad, Grandpa Bud and I took you mushroom picking out at the Winchester Trails.  Well, actually, you rode in the Moby wrap and I pointed out chanterelles for Dad and Grandpa Bud to pick.  I'm so excited to start doing these things with you.  I'm not always the most outdoorsy person but I can wait to show you the things I love.  Your Grandpa Bud and I used to pick mushrooms down the road from our house.  I spent a lot of time crawling around under salal.  When your Dad and I met, he had never gone mushroom picking.  Now he loves it - it's a lot like an Easter egg hunt for adults.  While it has taken me a bit to adjust to nursing, I do love that it makes everything so very portable.  When you got hungry, we just sat down on the side of the trail and nursed.  How's that for a wild child!

No comments:

Post a Comment