Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thoughts from Grandma Jones

Nearly every Wednesday since you were born, Grandma Jones has come and spent time with you.  I'm so grateful that you will know your grandparents and great-grandparents.  It is so rare for people to have met their grandparents much less actually having the opportunity to get to know them in this day and age.  I thought I'd share her thoughts on your most recent day together (from a family email):

The absolute high point of the week for me was getting to take Dylan for four hours on Wednesday.  We went to story time at the library and to play at McDonald's.  Then, we waited for Loren to get his eyes tested. (They are fine.)  I am learning why the Savior loved little children so much.  For example, while we were waiting for Loren to get his blood work done, Dylan (who says "hi" to everyone he sees) started saying "Hi" to a woman who walked past us.  She did not see or hear him, but he continued to greet her until she was past us.  He did not get his feelings hurt because she did not respond.  He was ready to say "hi" to the next person who walked by.  I want to be like that when I grow up!  Dylan likes to go through everything in my purse when I go to see him.  So, I got an old purse and filled it with little things for him.  It has different pockets and zippers, which he loves.  He found a little tiny toy mouse that Nicole gave me once.  He was so thrilled by it.  Mouse was a new animal to him, so he kept saying it over and over.  I told him that mouse says "squeak"  and he kept saying "Mouse, Mouse Mouse, squeak, squeak squeak."  He was really enjoying playing with it when a little boy, who was about eight or nine years old came in with his mother.  The boy had a paper mask like a surgeon's mask tied over his mouth and nose.  Dylan stopped playing with the mouse and just stared at the boy with his face all screwed up.  That just wasn't right.  He looked like it was the most disgusting thing he had ever seen!  Then, he picked up the toy and started saying, "Mouse, Mouse, Mouse, squeak, squeak, squeak." What a ray of sunshine that little guy is.

No comments:

Post a Comment