Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Things Don't Always Go As Planned...Or Your First Haircut

Sometimes Mommy and Daddy don't communicate as well as we wish we did.  Your first haircut was definitely one of those times. 

Your Dad had mentioned in passing that your hair was getting a little long.  I said something about you not needing a haircut.  To be honest, I've had a hard time with how quickly you are growing.  You look like a little person already rather than a baby.  I know that's how it works but as your Mommy, it takes a little getting used to. 

I came home from work last Thursday and instantly knew something was off.  Your Dad had given you a haircut and I missed it.  That's how I viewed it...he saw it a little differently.  Like that I'm a control freak and wanted to control your haircut.  He probably has a grain of truth there but I honestly just want to be involved.  I'm also a bit jealous that he gets to be home with you.  Since I was a little kid, I've always been afraid of missing out on something. 

It's humorous now but wasn't so humorous at the time.  He did do a good job. And, no we decided not to stage a photo session just so we could have photos of your first haircut!

No comments:

Post a Comment