Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Taking You Home!

You and I had to stay in the hospital for two days (instead of one) because I tested positive for the group B strep (GBS) bacteria.  It wasn't a problem but they give penicillian to the mom 4 hours before delivery.  Well you and I were so quick about our business that they didn't have 4 hours.  Therefore, we had to stay to watch you.  So, today you and I got to go home!  I was kind of ready the afternoon after you got here but then again I'm not all that patient.  You'll learn that as you grow up.  Dad and I should have tried using the car-seat before you got here.  What a pain.  It's hot today and your poor Dad was out there in the sun trying to figure out how to make the straps looser.  We finally made it but what a pain.  It's like all of the adrenaline and energy I had in the hospital has left. I ended up handing you to your dad and taking a 2 hour nap.  I feel a lot better now but it's pretty scary to have you here to ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment